Saturday, April 2, 2011

Thank You to…

Carol Brown- For the nail polish and awesome Burt’s Bee’s Hand/Foot kit.  Super excited about the pumis stone!!

Linda Fox- For the “makeup” aka hard candies, hot chocolate, instant STARBUCKS(!!) and various teas

Grandmommy & Granddaddy- for the entertaining article, travel toothbrush head and the 2 instant soups.  They look delicious, I can’t wait to try them!

Mom & Dad- For the Birthday card and the package with mini cliff bars, fruit bars, hot chocolate, nail brush, toothbrush holder (w/ toothbrush), velveeta mac & cheese..you get the idea.  AND for the family pictures.  I can’t believe you brought the cat.  She looks absolutely terrified and, just so you know, she’ll never replace me!

To all of you wondering, yes, we finally did family photos.  Mom and I did them as a surprise/gift for Dad before I left in October, and then Dad and Greg had some done as well.  And then the actual family photo…minus the daughter in Rwanda but it’s okay because instead they brought Cleo…our cat. Let your imaginations run wild and I’m sure Mom would love to show that picture off.

Also, all of these were sent in mailing envelopes between Feb 8-Feb 11.  Last time we checked the mail was March 11th.  Granted, they could’ve come the next week but just remember, time is very variable in Rwanda.  If I could find the receipts…I would tell you how long the took but, go figure, I can’t find them and think I left them at the Post so I’ll try and do better next time.  Also, price depends on weight, the varied from about $4-11.  There you have it, thank you very much again to all.  I have 2 letters waiting for me in Kigali…I’ll pick those up before IST and that’s probably when I’ll check the mail again too.

Murakoze cyane!! (Thank you very much!)

No comments:

Post a Comment