Saturday, February 5, 2011

Send Me Presents!

Okay, it’s official, I have a PO Box so now everyone can send me goodies from America and any other Western country.  Ready, here’s my address for the next 2 years:

Caroline Lloyd
P.O. Box 144
Gitarama, Rwanda

That’s it, so now all of you who are checking this and bugging me about getting an address have no more excuses.  Start sending stuff…now.

And also, here is a starter wishlist of things to send me from the western world. Enjoy!

Food/Drink:
-Powdered drink stuff (ie Crystal Light, etc…)
-dehydrated (powdered) cheese so I can make yummy mac & cheese
-…Mac&Cheese
-Hot Chocolate Packets
-Green Tea
-American Candy/sweets
-Trail Mix (Costco/BJs)
-Dried Fruit(especially dried mango!)
-Granola bars
-raisins
-couscous (flavored)
-quinoa
-spices are always welcome
-instant soup mixes
-dried (real) sweet potatoes [they just aren’t the same here]
-ketchup [they have weird imitation here that’s more like tomato paste]
-Cliff Bars/Luna bars
-snacky foods in general
-gum/mints [the gum here lasts for a grand total of 15 seconds]
-And anything else you think I might like…

Other Stuff:
-Travel Toothbrush case
-Foot Lotion
-Nail Polish [fun colors]
-Fun eyeliner colors for when I feel like being a muzungu
-Pumis stone
-Books/magazines to read
-Colored pencils
-a real blackboard eraser, or two…(mom or teachers…)
-nail brush
-small cheap trinkets for the kids/prizes for my students
-And anything else you think I might like…

And there you have it, my address and the starts of a wishlist.  Ready, set, send me packages! (Keep in mind it takes like 3 months at least to get here for USA, don’t know about Australia though…)

No comments:

Post a Comment