Friday, October 15, 2010

T-4 days...

Everyone says it's important to have a blog.  Make sure you make a blog.  We want to follow your blog.  A blog will help you keep track of the next two years.  Yada, yada, yada.  So yes, I've made a blog and I will use it.  However, as a disclaimer to everyone out there who reads it...please remember these thoughts are my own and not those of the Peace Corps.


Here I am.  4 days before I jet off to Philly for a quick and crazy staging where I'll meet the 70 other people I'm heading off with.  What am I doing to prepare for my upcoming departure?  Avoiding reality.  This week has been all about me, meeting up with friends and really just avoiding anything related to the fact I'm leaving for Africa in 4 days.  Don't get me wrong, I'm excited, I'm thrilled...but I'm leaving my home, my friends, my family, my comfort zone for over 2 years.  Will this bite me in the ass? Yes...yes it will.  Do I really care?  No..not really.  As my awesome college roommate told me, "You work good under pressure...it'll all get done go have some fun."  She's right, I work well when I'm overwhelmed and have minimal amounts of time to do things.  Hopefully that's a good thing.


However, reality is bringing a rude awakening.  These next 3 days will be full of packing, weighing, buying last minute things, more packing, repacking, more weighing and the ever-famous goodbye get-together.  Here's to the weekend?  Bring it on.

3 comments:

  1. don't forget to bring pictures my dear! :) the whole admissions office skyped with ariel today, you're next!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline - thanks for sharing your adventure. I am looking forward to reading on a regular basis. Aunt Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI CAROLINE,
    Sounds like fun, thanks for sharing your thoughts. Yes you do need this blog..
    Did you get the letter I sent you?? I mailed it sometime in December and the Post Office said it takes 4-6 weeks. Enjoy your adventure..Linda Fox

    ReplyDelete